There were some slices of raisin bread in the fridge, so I had this idea of using it to make a bread pudding. I googled up some recipes and eventually made this! The bread pudding was a bit soggy for me, or maybe it’s because I’m not used to bread puddings of this consistency. It was literally almost like a pudding, because there were a few pockets of …. ‘pudding’ since the bread was swimming in the milk mixture before I placed it in the oven. But all’s good.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding (adapted from slowlikehoney)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 7 slices of raisin bread, cut into small cubes (or any kind of bread really)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter/line your baking pan.
- Whisk all the ingredients together (except for the bread).
- Fold in the bread. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and brown sugar over the tops before baking, if you like.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before eating. Or if you’re impatient like me, cut a slice after removing the bread pudding from the oven and cry your heart out as your tongue burns ….but it tastes so good, you wouldn’t mind it anyway. (: